Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Homemade Bread




Well, we survived the snow and ice here in the Carolina's and are so thankful we didn't lose power. Being snowed in gave me the itch to do some baking. Many years ago my oldest sister started baking homemade bread and it was so good. Well, she lived too far away to bum it off of her, so I started making my own! This bread is made from freshly milled wheat. There is a lot of speculation that people who are allergic to gluten or are gluten intolerant can handle wheat in this form. As always, do your research and decide what is going to be best for you and yours. For a great article on the history of wheat and the exploration of why so many are becoming allergic to gluten or are gluten intolerant click here: Against the Grain.

If you are interested in making your own homemade bread, click here for the recipe I used! Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment