Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Substitutes for Peanut Butter

I was in the grocery store the other day, doing my bi-monthly shopping, and something on the end cap in the freezer aisle caught my attention. It was a line of food by a company named Full Circle. In the display they had something I had never seen before and that was sunflower butter! I was so excited. Almost, since the beginning of discovering my son's food allergies, peanut butter has been a staple in our home. Lately, I've been concerned about him consuming too much peanut butter and possibly causing another allergy and I was thinking about what I can use to switch things up? I knew about almond butter, but my son is not a big fan of it. So I picked some sunflower butter up and had the family try it out. It was good, I would definitely eat it, instead of peanut butter. My oldest daughter agrees, and even ate some for a snack.

Well, I did a little research on sunflower butter and it is the one butter that is close in taste to peanut butter. In case you didn't already know nut butters are a great source of protein and healthy fats, and almond's especially are a good source of calcium. Two things that children with dairy allergies need! So if you are allergic to peanut butter or just looking to switch things up, I highly recommend sunflower butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment