Thursday, February 17, 2011

What's for Dairy/Egg free Dinner?

Mmmm-tonight we are having BBQ chicken via the crockpot. Check out this great, quick and easy recipe that my family loves and asks for more!

What you'll need:

1 Crockpot
enough chicken to feed your family
(I'm using a whole chicken from some I "scored" at the grocery store, one of my MoneySavingQueen finds!)
dairy/egg free BBQ sauce
(if you're feeling saucy ;) go here and try your hand at this great recipe for homemade bbq sauce)
Buns
water
salt and pepper to taste
a bay leaf

Stick your chicken, a cup or so of water, salt, pepper, and a bay leaf in the crockpot in the morning and cook it all day according to your crockpots directions. About thirty minutes before you're ready to eat, take the chicken out and cool. While it's cooling dump out the contents of crockpot. Once cooled, shred the chicken with your hands, returning to your crockpot, now set on warm. Add enough BBQ sauce to really soak the chicken and mix, let warm through. Serve, on buns with whatever sides you choose. I think I might do green beans and waffle fries! Let me know how yours turns out...

No comments:

Post a Comment