Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What's Happening around Thriving Life with Allergies!

Just thought I'd share what all was going on around our home, these days. My husband and I have had a dream, since before we first got married, of owning our own land and growing some of our own food. Well, by the grace of God, last year we were blessed to be able to buy a home and six acres. We have been plotting and planning ever since, o.k. my husband does most of the plotting and I just throw my 2 cents in on the planning. (One thing I'm great at is stupervising!) Anyhoo, just recently we've been able to get started on what I like to call Phase 1 of the whole operation! What we, affectionately, call the barn! It really is just a glorified shed, but we deliberately chose the red, with white, trim. I think calling it a barn really makes us feel more like farmers, we are so wannabes! Here are a couple shots:






Speaking of plotting and planning, part of our plan to grow some of our own food will include a garden. I have tried several over the years and really have not had much luck. My husband has decided this is something that he wants to tackle and he has, definitely, shown some signs of a green thumb. Much more so than me, who, at this time is struggling to keep a few house plants alive.(One said, ficus tree, is coming down to some of it's last leaves, poor thing!) Check out my handsome man, getting the ground ready!

So, what do you think? Doesn't he look great doing all that manual labor! I better go before I get in too much trouble for posting his pic! Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Love the barn. How large of a garden will you be planting?
    Allergy Mum - http://allergymum.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allergy Mum, we are thinking about a 20 foot by 40 foot garden. He's thinking of trying tomatoes, potatoes, squash, green beans, cucumbers, and spinach. Have you tried your hand at any gardening?

    ReplyDelete